Where We Came From and Where We Are Going
Where We Came From
Hope Fellowship Church, Sterling (Loudoun County), Virginia, was born on Sunday, April 20, 2008, when a group of committed Christians banded together to start an independent, Bible-believing, Christ-centered fellowship. Many/most of these people had worshipped together in one or more other churches but found the beginning of a new fellowship based on the HOPE and Faith in our Lord Jesus an irresistible call from God. We launched our first morning worship service on January 11, 2009.
Where We Are Going
There is nowhere to go but up (including eternally being with our God)! Here are just some of our aims and goals:
- In 3 years grow to several hundred members.
- Each week in our worship services see literally scores of people either give their life to Christ or recommit their lives to His service.
- We want to reach across the cultural spectrum, leaving out no one who wants to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior and follow Him. Race/ethnicity doesn't matter. Age doesn't matter. Income level doesn't matter. Spiritual condition doesn't matter. You could be as healthy as the proverbial horse or on death's door - it doesn't matter. Previous church affiliation doesn't matter. As long as a person wants to know more about Christ, he/she is welcome.
- We will have a fellowship gathering each month. We want to know each other not just as "church members" but as close friends whom we can trust.
What We Believe
- THE HOLY SCRIPTURES - We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living.
- GOD - We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- THE VIRGIN BIRTH - We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is the only true God who came to earth as a man. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- MAN AND SIN - We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man's salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- ETERNAL SALVATION - We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man's works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- REGENERATION - We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
- BAPTISM - We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord's Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man's salvation.
- CHRIST'S RETURN - We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His Second Coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for His return.
- RESURRECTION - We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell.
- AUTONOMY - We believe in the autonomy of the local church. The church shall manage its own affairs and shall not be subject to any other religious body or organization.